Friday, May 20, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better: Prep School

I was excited for this edition of Bloggers Do It Better: Prep School (although sometimes I call it Menswear).  The only requirement from Pretty Shiny Sparkly?  Wear a tie. And so I googled "how to tie a tie" and tried my hardest with Husband looking on disapprovingly!   My tie-tying skills are terrible.  I fully admit, if it weren't for Husband helping me out, I may not have participated!  He tied two ties for me (always good to have a backup) the night before and so I'd like to introduce you to my perfect Windsor knot: 

Shirt from J. Crew, jeans from Gap, tie is from Dillards, vest is custom, boots are Skechers, belt I've had forever, and earrings are from Chicos.

But Bloggers Do It Better is not the only great thing going on today....come back later this afternoon to find out what I'm giving away!

See Bloggers Do It Better: White Out
See Bloggers Do It Better: Color Blocking


9 comments:

Jilliebeanie said...

I love this! The tie is perfect and your legs look a mile long!

Karla said...

I call it menswear too, I sort of missed the whole "Prep School" part... I know, how?! But I figured I'd post anyway. I love this look with boots... now I need a blue shirt! You look great :)

Fitness By Alicia said...

Great look! I am also terrible at tying ties. I am a disaster! Glad you were able to pull off the look.

Image Envy said...

@JillieBeanie: Thanks girl!
@Karla: Menswear/prep school...really, what's the difference, right? :)
@Fashion By Alicia: Glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles!

two birds said...

you need to wear this outfit out on the town...you look HOT!

Sophie in the Sticks said...

cute waistcoat and boots, its made for a great outfit

Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

I like your casual take on the look!

I’d love it if you would stop by and see how a 45+ year old handles “Prep School”—you might find something to smile about anyway! See you there! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/05/menswear-american-prep-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45-bloggers-do-it-better/

We have $75 Dress GIveaway on our right hand sidebar. Win something for yourself

The Chief Blonde

Cait said...

This outfit looks great on you, love the waistcoat and tie and the boots are great, I have some just like them :)

Image Envy said...

@Two Birds: I did and I loved it!
@Sophie - Country Girl: Thank you!
@Still Blonde: Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a $25 Express Gift Card!
@Cait: We should be twins! :)