Monday, July 11, 2011

Style Inspired: Easy A and Emma Stone

Source: Imdb.com
I loved Emma Stone's style in Easy A (before the uh, "makeover").  I loved the layering, the casual feeling of it without being a simple t-shirt, just everything about it.  And yes, these are the best pictures I could find to showcase my inspiration.
Source: Imdb.com
 I've been on the lookout for a great vest since I saw the show and haven't seen a thing.  I wanted something with structure that could easily dress up or down and I found nada.  So, I did what I do best.  I made one. 
The vest might look familiar since I've worn this before for the BDIB: Prep School challenge.  And really, I truly love it. So here's the schpeal on the rest of my outfit:  shoes are Calvin Klein, jeans are from Gap (limited edition, previous season), t-shirt from Gap, vest is custom, bracelets were a gift.  I also made the pin from some leftover fabric of another project.
So what do you think?  Did I do a good job of fusing my inspiration with my own style?



2 comments:

Fitness By Alicia said...

Great job on the vest! I wish I could sew!!

Image Envy said...

Thank you, I love how it turned out. If we were in the same state I'd teach you! :)