Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Image Envy Challenge!

From full-time working gal to full-time mom, I have found my wardrobe needs have changed, not necessarily for the better.  I try not to be a "throw on a t-shirt, whatever pants are closest, and run out the door" type of mom, but when you're constantly being spit up on, pooped on, and tugged on by babies, its hard to put on your nicest outfit.

So, inspired by both Six Items or Less (remember this post?) and 30 for 30 challenges, I am making my own challenge for two reasons.

The Reasons
1. I want to have the motivation to look good every day, even when its guaranteed it will get stained, wrinkled, etc. by the little one.
2. I don't have any money for new clothes, so its time to re-vamp what I have and shop my own closet.

The Image Envy Challenge
Take 15 items from my closet and make a new outfit every day, for at least 30 days.

So why am I not following Six Items or Less or 30 for 30?  There is NO way I could do only 6 items, even though some days I feel like I wear the same thing OVER and OVER.  30 for 30 - they include shoes in the 30 items.  If I included just my shoes as an item in the challenge, I'm already getting close to the maximum amount.  Also, I think both require me to quit shopping for the time being.  But, I'm a personal shopper.  I'm always shopping! So, onto my own rules!
The Rules
1. Pick 15 items from your closet
  • Things counted as items:  Shirts, Pants, Skirts, Dresses, Sweaters, Outerwear, and even Undershirts
  • Things counted as accessories: Shoes, Scarves, Jewelry, Hats, and Other Miscellaneous Items
  • Things not counted at all: Bras, Underwear, Socks, and Other Necessary Items
2. I can only wear those 15 items for the next 30 days or more.
3. I must wear a new outfit every day.
4. Take a picture every day.
5. At the end of the challenge, write a) what I learned, b) what I would do differently, and c) how this will affect how I shop.


I'm starting March 1st (just three short days!).  Watch my progress and tell me what you think!  What would be your reasons for joining the challenge?  What do you find most difficult about shopping your own closet? 

Wish me luck, and happy (closet) shopping! 



No comments: